It has been months since I have posted, due to the hectic semester this fall. As the new year begins, I would like to begin writing consistently again, starting off with a reflection on my 2018.
Looking back on this past year, I realized how much I have done. I have never felt so accomplished looking back on a year than I do with 2018. Although not everything was perfect, I learned so much and had many incredible experienced.
- I celebrated my one year anniversary with my boyfriend.
- Began the second semester of interning at an elementary school.
- Traveled to Miami, FL on a service trip! It was one of the best weeks I’ve ever had because of the amazing people I got to know on the trip. This trip was also when I decided I wanted to work in mission’s sometime in the future.
- Got my first apartment!
- Decided to go vegan.
- Traveled to California with my boyfriend and his family.
- Started a job at a nursing home that I love!
- Went to a Nat’s game.
- Saw Harry Styles in concert.
- Had some much needed family time.
- Spent my birthday week with my best friend.
- Went to TWO O’s games.
- Had a rainy camping trip with my family.
- Left for BOLIVA for 2 weeks!! It was an incredible experience to serve and learn in Bolivia.
- Came home from Bolivia to a surprise visit from my wonderful boyfriend.
- Moved in to my apartment!
- Began my last semester of college classes.
- Went to an ED SHEERAN concert!
- Took a long weekend in Florida and enjoyed the beach.
- Had some quality friendship time with a fun fall photoshoot.
- Mostly studied A LOT
- Led a group at a nursing home, and got to know the nice ladies.
- Took my last final exams ever!
- Traveled to Ohio and Pittsburg, PA
- Finally, ended the year in NC!
2018 was probably the most stressful year I have had (I did not write the negatives that happened, which there was plenty), but it was also the best. It just shows how much stepping out of your comfort zone can add such value and experience to your life!